This is a 5-part series, on homemade Christmas gift basket ideas. We hope you enjoy the posts!
Gift baskets make for wonderful Christmas gifts. But if you want something truly special and personalized, making your own holiday gift baskets can show the recipient that the gift came straight from the heart. Best of all, homemade gift baskets are much more budget friendly than ones you might order online or buy at the store!
Christmas Themed Gift Baskets
- Stars Basket Theme: Stars a popular theme at Christmas time and can make for many great things to place in a basket, depending what angle you want to take. For example, you could include star shaped cookie cutters, a star for the top of the tree, star Christmas garland, star ornaments, etc. etc.
- Trim-a-Tree Basket: Anything you would decorate a Christmas tree with makes for great things to include in this basket. For example, you might choose ornaments, garland, Christmas twinkle lights, pine cones, candy canes, and a CD of Christmas music to listen to while decorating. For a personal touch, try making the ornaments yourself!
- Santa Themed Gift Basket: A Santa themed gift basket is perfect for anyone who believes in Santa Claus and the magic of Christmas. You could include: Santa figurines, Santa hat, Santa Beard, Cookies and milk, Santa ornaments, coffee mugs, a Santa Key, and anything else you might find with a Santa theme.
- Snowmen Themed Gift Basket: Snowmen are very popular and make for great inspiration for an easy homemade gift idea! Include a hat, scarf, carrot, and black stones for a build-your-own snowman kit, or choose snowman related items such as “Frosty the Snowman” DVD, a singing snowman, snowman ornaments, and a book about snowmen.
- Gingerbread Gift Basket:
- Christmas Alphabet Basket: Add one thing to the basket that starts with every letter of the word “Christmas” and tie a letter tag to the item. For example, you might include: Cookies, Hot Chocolate, Reindeer themed item, Icicle themed item, a Toy, a Magazine, an Apple, and a Santa Themed item. Get creative – there are a ton of things you could do with this one!
- Christmas Music Gift Basket: A Christmas music gift basket might include things that remind you of each song, such as Jingle Bells, a miniature Christmas tree for Oh Christmas Tree, or you could do a 12 days of Christmas theme basket. Alternatively, for the music lover you could make a basket of Christmas sheet music and a few Christmas music CDs or an iTunes gift card.
- Penguin Gift Basket: Penguins are a very cute theme for gift baskets. You could include Penguin patterened duct tape (sold in most craft stores and retailers near the tape section), penguin coffee mugs, a hat and scarf, candy with penguins on it, and anything else you might find with adorable Christmas penguins.
- Elf Christmas Gift Basket: Santa’s elves have been hard at work, and making a basket with an elf theme is fun and easy! You might want to include things like an “Elf on the Shelf”, the movie “Elf”, elf hats and socks, and assorted treats and other elf themed items for the basket.
- Hats, Gloves, and Mittens Basket: Fill a basket with gloves, hats, mittens, scarves, and hand warmers for a gift that is sure to keep your recipients warm and toasty this winter!
- Christmas at the Beach: If your recipient longs to be at the beach or lives there year round, this can be a fun idea. Include flip-flops, sunscreen, sunglasses, beach themed Santa Claus, sea shell ornaments, and any other beach-Christmas themed items you may think of.
- Gift Wrapping Basket: Choose several packages of nice wrapping paper, gift bags, tape dispensers, scissors, and gift tags. This is a great gift to give anyone who wraps a lot of presents!
- Nutcracker Gift Basket: A nutcracker basket might include nuts, a nutcracker, a ballerina figurine, a CD or DVD of the Nutcracker, and a number of treats and goodies with a Nutcracker theme.
Have any gift basket ideas you’d like to share? What gift basket would you most love to receive from this list? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Also be sure to read the other posts in this series:
- Part 1 – Christmas Themed Gift Baskets
- Part 2 – Food & Drink Gift Basket Ideas
- Part 3 – General Gift Basket Ideas for Almost Anyone
- Part 4 – Arts, Crafts & Hobby Ideas
- Part 5 – Gift Basket Ideas for Kids